You will look even more dapper after reading these suit rules. promise.
The top button of a two-button, or the middle button of a three-button, jacket should fall right above the navel.
General speaking, wide lapels are more old fashioned and thin ones are more modern. None of them are right or wrong; they both work with your style.
An ill-fitting jacket will have a gap between the shirt collar and jacket lapels.
Your belt and shoes should be the same color.
- This is called the “The Savile Row Fold” and will keep your pants from falling of the hanger.
- Your pocket square should compliment the colors of your tie and shirt and add a stylish touch to your look, not match the colors.
- Your tie should be long enough to reach the tip of your belt, but not longer,
- Wear long socks! When sitting down there should be no exposed legs.Unless that's the style you're going for, a lot of new suit trends say that you don't have to wear socks. You choose! But if you do go for socks, this rule applies.
- Always unbutton your suit when sitting down to avoid ruining it.
- To make sure your jacket is the right size: slip your hand between your chest and jacket - does it feel snug but with some room to move? Then it’s a fit.
- Always keep the bottom button unbuttoned when wearing a vest.
- Your tie should always be in a darker color than your shirt.
- Hot tip for warmer weather; wear a undershirt if you sweat a lot
- The sleeve cuffs should be exposed for about 1.5 cm (half an inch).
- Stay trendy by adding double vents in the back of your jacket.
Now when you’re done reading this, visit to get the your custom suit to fit your style.